Readout of the President’s Phone Call with Egyptian President Morsy WASHINGTON, February 27, 2013/African Press Organization (APO)/ — President Obama spoke with Egyptian President Morsy today to reaffirm the United States’ strong commitment to the Egyptian people as they continue their transition to democracy. The President welcomed President Morsy’s commitment to serving as a President for all Egyptians, including women and people of all faiths, and emphasized President Morsy’s responsibility to protect the democratic principles that the Egyptian people fought so hard to secure. President Obama encouraged President Morsy, and all political groups within Egypt, to work to build consensus and advance the political transition. The two leaders also discussed Egypt’s economic situation and the importance of implementing reforms that have broad support and will promote long term growth. The two Presidents discussed regional security, and President Obama welcomed Egypt’s continued role in advancing regional peace and maintaining the ceasefire in Gaza. The President noted that Secretary Kerry will be traveling on March 2 to Egypt, where he will meet with government and opposition leaders and members of civil society, and will emphasize the need for all Egyptians to work together to build their democracy and promote economic stability and prosperity. Source: APO
Subscribe to Blog via Email
SocioLingo Africa is not subsidised by any government, organisation or foundation. I fund this site myself.
To help pay hosting fees I have signed up for Amazon Affiliates and you will find lists of Amazon books at the end of most posts. By using these links you can support SocioLingo Africa.
You will also find links highlighted which lead to Infolinks ads. These click throughs also help with hosting fees.
Thanks for your support.
From time to time I receive books to review. Where I have received a complimentary copy this is clearly stated in the post.
- Africa Day: Ideas For Africa – By Cristina Duarte, Candidate for President of the African Development Bank (AfDB) May 25, 2015
- United States Calls for Peaceful Resolution to Crisis in Burundi May 25, 2015
- The African Union strongly condemns the acts of violence in Burundi May 25, 2015
- ICRC visits looted base in Leer, South Sudan May 25, 2015
- UN Secretary-General’s message on Africa Day May 25, 2015
- Region-wide Presidential Term Limits for West Africa? Not So Fast. May 25, 2015
- Message to an Ethiopian Blogger: Mahlet Fantahun, You Are Not Alone May 21, 2015
- Second Most Spoken Languages in Africa May 20, 2015
- Ethiopian Blogger Atnaf Berahane: Young, Courageous, and in Jail May 15, 2015
- What We Know and What Is Still Up in the Air After the Alleged Coup in Burundi May 13, 2015