SHARM EL SHEIKH, Egypt, March 13, 2015/African Press Organization (APO)/ — Richard Attias & Associates (http://richardattiasassociates.com) is proud to have been selected to organize the Egypt Economic Development Conference (EEDC) (http://www.egyptthefuture.com), opening today for 3 days of exchanges in Sharm El Sheikh, under the patronage of H.E. Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi, President of the Arab Republic of Egypt. The meeting will bring together heads of state from over 20 countries and top global business leaders.
Having pioneered country-branding meetings over 20 years ago, Richard Attias was responsible for the inaugural World Economic Forum conference in Cairo in 1996.
The primary objective of the EEDC is to tell Egypt’s new story and that the country is on a new track, with abundant opportunities for foreign investors in sectors including: Agriculture & Agri-business, Housing & Construction, ICT, Industry & Manufacturing, Oil, Gas & Mining, Power, Retail and Internal Trade, Tourism, and Transportation.
The conference has gained unprecedented global attention for a country-level meeting, and attendance will include more than 2500 global leaders, including heads of state, public figures, chairmen and CEOs of multinational corporations and over 1000 media.
Institutional partners include the global consultancies McKinsey & Co., Booz Allen Hamilton, Arthur D. Little, and Strategy& (formerly Booz & Co.), Endeavor Global in addition to international media including CNN, CNBC, Thomson Reuters, Al Arabiya, and SkyNews Arabia.
The roster of speakers already confirmed to participate in the EEDC includes:
• Jeff Immelt, General Electric
• Bob Dudley, BP
• Paul Polman, Unilever,
• Mohamed El-Erian, Chair, Global Development Council for U.S. President Barack Obama
• Li Keping, China Investment Corporation, China
• Christine Lagarde, The International Monetary Fund
• Tony Blair, Former UK Prime MInister
• Ibrahim Abdulaziz Al Assaf, Minister of Finance, Saudi Arabia
• Sultan Al Jaber, Minister of State, United Arab Emirates
• Ken Jacobs, Lazard
• Ken Allen, DHL
• Peter Orszag, Citigroup
• Jin-Yong Cai, International Finance Corporation, World Bank
• Sir Martin Sorrell, WPP
• Mohamed Alabbar, Emaar Properties
• Lubna Olayan, Olayan Financing Company
• Arif Naqvi, The Abraaj Group
• Ahmad Abdulkarim Julfar, Etisalat Group
• Fadi Ghandour, Aramex
• Amr Awadallah, Cloudera Inc.
• Shayne Nelson, Emirates NBD
• Habib Haddad, Wamda
• Ahmed Heikal, Qalaa Holdings
• Naguib Sawiris, Orascom Telecom Media & Technology
For more information on the conference and to follow the live stream:
Distributed by APO (African Press Organization) on behalf of Richard Attias & Associates.
Richard Attias & Associates (http://richardattiasassociates.com) helps nations, leaders and corporations build their global influence, catalyze innovation and lead the global exchange of ideas. The Founder and Chairman Richard Attias is the world’s leading advisor to heads of state and to governments on strategic communications and global positioning.