LONDON, United-Kingdom, March 4, 2013/African Press Organization (APO)/ — FCO Minister Mark Simmonds comments on recent legal developments on a Somali rape case FCO Minister Mark Simmonds said: “We welcome the ruling by Somalia’s Appeal Court exonerating a woman convicted in February of insulting the Government, after she alleged she had been raped by Government security forces. “We remain concerned about the legal basis on which the conviction of the journalist who investigated her case was upheld. It is critical that journalists are able to carry out their work free from fear of arrest or detention, and that freedom of expression is protected. The UK will continue to follow this case closely.” Source: APO
Subscribe to Blog via Email
SocioLingo Africa is not subsidised by any government, organisation or foundation. I fund this site myself.
To help pay hosting fees I have signed up for Amazon Affiliates and you will find lists of Amazon books at the end of most posts. By using these links you can support SocioLingo Africa.
You will also find links highlighted which lead to Infolinks ads. These click throughs also help with hosting fees.
Thanks for your support.
From time to time I receive books to review. Where I have received a complimentary copy this is clearly stated in the post.
- APO Announces Finalists for the 2015 APO Energy Media Award May 6, 2015
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on the attack on MONUSCO in the Democratic Republic of the Congo May 6, 2015
- South Sudan: United States Provides Support for Justice and Accountability May 6, 2015
- The cities of Accra, Kinondoni and Praia win the inaugural José Eduardo dos Santos African Mayor Awards May 5, 2015
- Secretary Kerry Travel to Mogadishu May 5, 2015
- Ugandan Launches Tweef Against President Museveni and National Resistance Movement May 2, 2015
- Mozambique's Life-Saving Surgeons Aren't Doctors at All May 2, 2015
- We Are Working To Prevent Explosions: Spoken Word in East Africa April 28, 2015
- VIDEO: The World Is Saying #FreeZone9Bloggers April 27, 2015
- Eritrean Man Recalls Near-Death Journey Across Mediterranean, Says He Wouldn't Do It Again April 26, 2015