BRUSSELS, Kingdom of Belgium, February 22, 2013/African Press Organization (APO)/ — The spokesperson of Catherine Ashton, High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice President of the Commission, issued the following statement today: “The High Representative is concerned by the visit of Sudanese President Omar Al-Bashir to Chad on 16 February in the context of the CE&-SAD Summit. This is the third time that the Government of Chad has failed to implement the warrant issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) for the arrest of President al-Bashir for war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide, as it is obliged to do under international law. While welcoming the normalisation of the relations between Chad and Sudan, the High Representative regrets that the Government of Chad has not met its obligations as a Party to the Rome Statute. She also recalls that all Member States of the United &ations are obliged to abide by and implement resolutions adopted by the U& Security Council under Chapter VII of the UE Charter, in this case, UESCR 1593(2005). The European Union is a staunch supporter of the ICC as a valuable instrument for combating impunity for the most serious crimes of concern to the international community.” Source: APO
SocioLingo Africa is not subsidised by any government, organisation or foundation. I fund this site myself.
To help pay hosting fees I have signed up for Amazon Affiliates and you will find lists of Amazon books at the end of most posts. By using these links you can support SocioLingo Africa.
You will also find links highlighted which lead to Infolinks ads. These click throughs also help with hosting fees.
Thanks for your support.
From time to time I receive books to review. Where I have received a complimentary copy this is clearly stated in the post.
- AFRICA (2752)
- African Press Organization (3667)
- BOOKS (88)
- CONFERENCES (53)
- CULTURE (88)
- ECONOMY (377)
- EDUCATION (150)
- ENVIRONMENT (248)
- HEALTH (161)
- HISTORY (63)
- LINGUISTICS (90)
- MEDIA (71)
- PAPERS and REPORTS (250)
- Personal (5)
- POLITICS (644)
- RESEARCH (77)
- TECHNOLOGY (75)
- TRAINING (27)
- Africa Finance Corporation (AFC) Hosts Inaugural Summit to Address the Scale of Africa’s Infrastructure Requirements and Investment Deficit
- Humanitarian aid must be prioritised in Dadaab camps, despite return of refugees to Somalia / MSF issues briefing paper highlighting appalling conditions in Dagahaley camp.
- AU Launches Internet Exchange Point in Namibia: “Keeping intra-country internet traffic within the country”
- Readout of National Security Advisor Susan E. Rice’s Travel to the United Arab Emirates and Djibouti
- Somali National Army and AMISOM forces reclaim five strategic towns in the bay region of Somalia