Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) today announces that it can no longer reach communities in the greatest need, and therefore has been forced to close its activities in the country.
The Secretary-General is deeply concerned about the deteriorating security situation in Darfur following reports of an escalation of hostilities between the Government of Sudan and the Darfur armed movements in Central Darfur and the resulting displacement of civilians.
We condemn in the strongest terms the bombing of the Frandala hospital”, said Marc Van der Mullen, MSF head of mission
Following clashes between armed opposition groups and the Sudanese Armed Forces in the East Jebel Marra area and north of Kutum over the past few weeks, the African Union-United Nations Mission in Darfur (UNAMID) is concerned about the impact of the ongoing conflict on civilians.
JUBA, South Sudan, January 15, 2015/African Press Organization (APO)/ — The United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) is pleased to welcome the pending deployment of a Chinese infantry battalion […]
On January 11 local time, Foreign Minister Wang Yi and Foreign Minister Ali Ahmed Karti of Sudan jointly met the press after a talk.
Wang Yi: China’s Mediation on the South Sudanese Issue Is Entirely Driven by International Responsibilities and Obligations
On January 11 local time, when answering journalists’ questions that whether China’s mediation on Sudan-related issues is aimed at oil interests, Foreign Minister Wang Yi said that China’s mediation on the Sudanese issue and the South Sudanese issue is driven by responsibilities and obligations
GENEVA, Switzerland, January 13, 2015/African Press Organization (APO)/ — Three years after the fall of the former regime, the Libyan people find themselves no closer to realizing their aspirations for […]
The AU Peace and Security Council, at its 477th meeting, held on 18 December 2014, adopted a decision on the mandate of the African Union High-Level Implementation Panel on Sudan and South Sudan (AUHIP)
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia, December 19, 2014/African Press Organization (APO)/ — The Peace and Security Council of the African Union (AU), at its 477th meeting, held on 18 December 2014, adopted the following decision on the mandate of the African Union High-Level Implementation Panel on Sudan and South Sudan (AUHIP):
1. Takes note of the briefing provided by the Commission on the African Union High-Level Implementation Panel on Sudan and South Sudan;
2. Recalls the mandate given by Council to the AUHIP through communiqué PSC/AHG/COMM.1(CCVII) adopted at its 207th meeting held on 29 October 2009, to assist the Sudanese parties in the implementation of the CPA and other related processes, as part of the democratic transformation of the Sudan and South Sudan;
3. Further recalls its communiqués and press statements related to the activities of the AUHIP in Sudan and South Sudan, in particular the Communiqué PSC/AHG/COMM /2.(CCCXCVII), adopted at its 397th meeting, held on 23 September 2013, which extended the mandate of the AUHIP until December 2014;
4. Commends the AUHIP and its members, namely former Presidents Thabo Mbeki, Abdulsalami Abubakar and Pierre Buyoya, as well as its support team, for their continued efforts to assist the Parties to establish cooperative relations toward the goal of two viable states, at peace with one another. In this regard, Council decides to extend the mandate of the AUHIP until 31st December 2015 and encourages the Governments of Sudan and South Sudan to continue with their efforts to conclude the outstanding issues under the facilitation of the AUHIP;
5. Calls on the Panel to submit a report on its activities within the next three months;
6. Decides to remain actively seized of the matter.
The Government of Ireland contributes over three million US dollars to the Sudan Common Humanitarian Fund in 2014
To help address growing humanitarian needs in Sudan, the Government of Ireland has contributed an additional US $ 1,891,551 to the Sudan Common Humanitarian Fund
Statement by Human Rights Commissioner Strässer on the sentencing to death of Sudanese woman Meriam Yehya Ibrahim BERLIN, Germany, May 28, 2014/African Press Organization (APO)/ — Christoph Strässer, Federal Government […]
EL FASHER (DARFUR), Sudan, May 26, 2014/African Press Organization (APO)/ — The Darfur Internal Dialogue and Consultation (DIDC) Implementation Committee was launched on 26 May 2014 in a ceremony hosted […]